Thursday, August 5, 2010

Maquillage Fall 2010: Dual Glow Eyes BR275

A part of Maquillage's Fall 2010 collection, the Dual Glow Eyes are cream eyeshadows which come in 5 duo shades (grey, pink, brown, orange and white with light and dark shade combinations). I got mine at gooddealer.com for $31.48 including shipping and received it in the mail in less than 2 weeks.

I searched high and low for some swatches but none was available yet so I just chose a safe color, BR275.


The 'Dual Glow Eyes' come in a cute pot packaging with two levels:
just slide the cap gently and you'll see the mini shadow applicator enclosed.

then unscrew the whole cap to get to the cream duo :)

the eyeshadows have very smooth and fluffy texture (almost like a mousse to touch)
pigmentation is sheer to medium packed with micro shimmers in their respective colors. I wore it the whole day with a 86⁰F temperature and it did not crease (I have normal to oily lids). It also dries super fast so you have to blend it immediately or  you'll get patchy, shimmery eyes. hahaha

(my first!!!!) quick EOTD without any other eye makeup or base. Just the cream e/s duo.
lighter shade on entire lid and dark brown shade on the crease

It really brightens up the eye area because of the shimmer living up to its name 'Dual GLOW eyes', I think that if I used an eyeshadow primer, the pigments will be more vibrant. I don't know about the other shades but BR275 is a very versatile combo, use the shadows for day then touch up and add dark eyeliner at night to create a dramatic look (which I'm going to do later). ;)

Any feedbacks on my very first EOTD? Hahaha! Be nice okay? I'm kinda nervous! lol! :P


♡,
G

25 comments:

  1. loving the colors! I love natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shimmers...:)

    You have nice lashes too!!! >.<

    Much love,
    enchi :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like the colour combo, the brown looks kind of like a taupey brown in the swatch (my favorite kinds lol) The EOTD is great, simple and straight to the point so people know exactly what the colour turn out will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour and the packaging!

    http://badanla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! And the packaging's really nice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dual glow eyes is really pretty, looks so creamy and shimmery. You do great for a first EOTD, more please~ :p.
    ryc: I still have so much products to finish, although I tend to shop a bit too :D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I feel like a big cheapo - I cringed when I saw the price!

    Please keep your EOTDs coming, I love your first effort and I can't wait to see the next one =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful colours, and great first EOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. its a lovely everyday-friendly eyeshadow :)
    regarding the a bonne spa milk salt scrub, i bought it from landmark. but i think its also available at watsons :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh....so pretty! Must. resist. temptation. to. buy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So natural! I like ^^; lol
    You're EOTD looks great! Don't worry :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shade looks so pretty. I wouldnt have expected the swatch to be so sheer but i think would look nice as a base for a smoky eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the swatch! i really like their eye palettes! though i only own one... i think ill try more of them next time XD

    ohh love to see more EOTD from you :D dont be shy :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. the colors are really neutral, it looks like you're wearing nothing but shimmer, so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. your're welcome!!! :)

    >.<

    Much love,
    enchi :3

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgoshh the colors are amazing!! so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great first EOTD!! Thanks for the review and swatches. It does brighten up the eye area and the packaging is really cute. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving cream shadows right now. Wow the packaging is sooo pretty. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow look at that... I wish they sold them over here so I don't have to deal with online shipping lol.
    Such pretty swatches.
    Nice crisp photo of your eye, I say: A job well done G!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Georgina, I wholly agree that the 2 e/s brighten up the eyes and is versatile for both day and night! Your lashes look long and I can see your reflection in your eyes! :P And yes I agree primer is perfect for e/s. Hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. both colors are so pretty! i love the glitter.... heheh

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey darling! =D Great job on your first EOTD! I am all for shimmery eyes so this gets two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete

♡ thank you for leaving some love! ♡