Thursday, September 30, 2010

Etude House Dr. Lash Ampule Long and Volume Short Review

Hi everyone! Wow, is it Thursday already? How's your week going so far? I had an unfortunate start this week, that is why I haven't been motivated to blog for the past few days. But don't worry, its nothing majorly depressing, just an important lesson on handling personal matters properly. I'm wiser now. :)

Moving on to the subject of this post, I know I promised to post the Etude House Lash Ampule review last week but, the effect was really hard to see (if ever theres any) so I gave it another week to prove itself. 

Here it is in its original packaging:


There are two products inside:
Lash Renew ★ and Lash Protect ✹

ingredients list and directions in korean and english:

there's also a cardboard lash measuring thing XD
which is useless for me. haha

Lash Protect for Daytime
This is meant to be used like a mascara during daytime to protect the lashes, it can also hold the curl if you used an eyelash curler, but as a base for real mascara, I find it makes my lashes clump together, weighing it down.

Lash Renew for Night time
This is the "tap tap" thing Dara was using in the CF, application is a breeze (I just tap it on my eyelids close to the lashes), but it stings my sensitive eyes especially if I blink right after application, making the serum seep through the corners of my eyes. Not good! But I used it for 3 weeks anyway just to let you guys know if it works. :P

Here are some BEFORE and AFTER photos:
Right - Before
Right - After 3 weeks

Left - Before
Left - After 3 weeks
Is it just me, or do the lashes in the Before pics look better than the After pics? But my eyes are more relaxed on the after pics. >.<

Overall, I don't think this product worked on adding volume and length to my lashes, but to be fair, I felt that my lashes were stronger especially when I take out my eye makeup at night, I used to find 3 lashes on my cotton pad/facial wipe prior to using the Dr. Lash Ampule, but now there's only one or none at all. Which is nice, at least its good for something! I hate to admit I wasted my precious money!

I have some haul posts (again) to share with you next, I recently got owned by some "diligent" customs officials, making me pay an outrageous amount of tax for a package. >.< Details on the next post! I am so looking forward to the weekend. Hello October, I'm ready for you!

Stay pretty!

l♡ve,
G

23 comments:

  1. i thought of buying this before but i haven't heard of reviews for this yet so i thought of buying the loreal one..but still haven't bought it..haha!

    i stopped online shopping because of the customs tax
    >_<
    i shared my experience about it before. the customs tax is the only thing that dampens my excitement about intl online shopping
    >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Gen..looking forward to reading all your interesting beauty product reviews (is that what you call it?hahaha!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to say this but it's exactly what I was thinking when I looked at your pictures--somehow your before pictures looked better in that your eyelashes looked a bit longer. Sorry to hear that this didn't do what you expected. Thanks for the review since now I know that I probably won't want to try this.

    Sorry to hear that you had a rough beginning of the week. I hope things continue to improve for a wonderful weekend.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  4. the packaging is so cute! but how come the before pictures look better than the after =x maybe you should give it more time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also thought that the before lashes look better and I had to check several times just to make sure I'm seeing them right. :P

    Looking forward to the haul posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm i don't see the difference... but its good to hear that your lashes got stronger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review babe!
    You're too cute!
    && Yes I do think that the before pics looks better :P as if your lashes are more volumed and lengthened.

    take care,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have pretty lashes to begin with :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck to taxes! =( And sorry to hear about the rough start, hun.

    Darn, you did not love this. Well at least it made your pretty lashes stronger. =)

    And thank you doll for that author info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @jajatobias: thank you ate ja, i hope you enjoy reading my blog, you have a year's worth of reading material. hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, that's what I thought too! The before pictures look thicker than the after ones.

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with your dear.... seems better in the before pics for some reason. maybe its just the angle :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a big fan of the before, as usual. =)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh...I am sorry this product didn't work out. I think you can probably try L'oreal lash serum. i did a review on my blog if you haven't read that yet. But it really did work, I forgot to take the before and after pictures, but it truely worked.^0^

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOu have fantastic lashes even before hand, you know your before picture has more lashes than my after Lilash treatment pictures hehe :)

    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The packaging is soooo cute! But sucks that you didn't get the results you hoped for. I find that a lot of "lash growing" products don't really work. I feel like they just make your lashes healthier and prevent them from falling out as fast, thats why it seems like your lashes are fuller and 'longer'. Your old lashes take a longer time to fall out. {*shrugs} I've tried an eyelash product before Taikla or something and thats what I noticed when I used it. When I stopped using the product my lashes started falling out like it did before. {*blah} Thanks for doing this review though!! I love learning about beauty products.


    <3s Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe should give it more time? i agree the before pic look better. But the packaging is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well it's a good thing you managed to come through and learn from your dilemma (seems like I myself am always learning haha).
    Yikes! Seep into your eyes?! o__o
    Omgash, 3 eyelashes on your cotton every night?! You must have a lot of lashes G! You still have an amazing amount even after losing that every night lol!

    Bah~ I don't even know why you bought this product, your eyelashes are wonderful :D Unfortunate that it didn't work though, hate when that happens -.-

    ReplyDelete
  19. i really hope this stuff works! im tempted to buy it already!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't really tell the difference lol but as you say, if it seems less resistant to damage and fall out then that's all that matters ...since I started torturing my lashes with so much mascara, remover, glue+falsies, I look back at my lashes a year ago and cry a little inside! LOL

    The packaging is so cute...what's up with pink and cutifying everything?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow thanks for the review. it's a quite expensive product so i needed to know if its effective before i try it. haha thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. THanks for sharing this. I need a really good working product for my eye lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. iwent to etude house in QC, i am not sure if its trinoma or sm north. they have given me the cust service emAIL AD AS WELL AS MEGAMALL BRANCH. i BOUGHT THE ITEM INSIDE SM MEGA, ON THE SM DEPT STORE AND NOT ON THE ETUDE BOUTIQUE. WHEN MY EYES WAS INFECTED I FINALLY DECIDED TO GO TO THE BOUTIQUE AND I WAS GIVEN THE SAME ADVICE.
    it stings my sensitive eyes especially if I blink right after application, making the serum seep through the corners of my eyes.
    I don't think this product worked on adding volume and length to my lashes. I hate to admit I wasted my precious money!The sales lady at the dept section of sm megamall says that this is hypo allergenic but it is nOt, MY EYES SORE AND BECOME REDDISH AFTIER 3 WEEKS OF USING IT THAT I PROMPT ME TO COMPLAIN.

    ReplyDelete

♡ thank you for leaving some love! ♡