Monday, August 9, 2010

CHANEL Paradoxal

Goodness... I have never had a nail polish that made me squint, bend and move from one location to another just to get a good shot of the color. I tell you, this is one tough shade to capture! But you know what? It is sooo worth it! I dare say I like it better than last Spring's IT shade, Particuliere.

all swatches in natural light, just different locations and angles! :P

I like that it turns to different colors in different angles and lighting!

Consistency is creamy, and a bit thicker than regular CHANEL nail lacquers but it is as easy to apply. Some bloggers say they get an opaque color wit two coats, but its three (thin) coats for me. At first it seems like a normal grey-violet combo, but when you look at it closely, you will be mesmerized by the play of the colors and micro shimmer on your nails. I loved looking at my nails when I had this on.


My only gripe is that it chipped off fast on me, tip wear and chipping was visible on the second day! (to think I had Seche Vite topcoat on!) OH, and the Php1,350 (approx. USD30) price tag is a little bit hard to overcome if you're not a big CHANEL fan.


For me, its a nice buy because I really enjoyed wearing it and I personally find the shade unique, it is grey, it is violet, it has a very subtle shimmer to it, it is Paradoxal. (ok, that sounded like a tag line. lol)

Happy Monday!

♡,
G


ps. sorry for the dry cuticles! I know... I need a mani! hahaha :]


23 comments:

  1. Ooooph I'm so glad that I didn't keep up with the latest Chanel releases because I'm always so tempted to score them! I think this shade is no exception XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely shade on you!! I think the latest nail polish I'm impressed with is MAC In the Buff. It does not chip on me, even until 2 weeks on! Until I have to remove it because my nail has grown and you can see where my nails have grown lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. had a problem with my reservation at shangrila. good thing i was able to buy one from a forum member at Php1,250 including shipping, nice noh!

    in 2 days, i'll have my own paradoxal! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Chanel polish before. But I love purple! Most of my polish are purple. Thanks for the swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shade is sooo gorgeous on you!
    The price is still a bit cheaper compared to AUS U_U.
    I want to buy the greeny chanel one hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, you just caused a huuuuge lemming in me! I MUST get Paradoxal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty shade! I'm not big on metallic but this one is different! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hands look extra "holdable" for the lucky L. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously Georgina..Chanel always makes these awesome colors but so pricey! I went all over US and Asia looking for Nouvelle Vague and sold out everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty color!! I love purples!!^0^

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a pretty plum-y color! Wish it didn't chip so quickly though.. I think I'll stick with OPI for now :) it's kinder to my wallet haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this color so much, it's gorgeous! i have yet to try chanel nail polishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Georgina..where?! where?!? LOL..Thanks for the heads up. You're such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That shade is gorgeous! But too expensive for me, I'm afraid :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great fall shade! but im so cheap when it comes to nail colours.. the most expensive ive splurged on are OPIs :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the shade! but... don't know if I'll ever spend that much on nail polish :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh! I have seen TOO many blog posts about this nailpolish~

    SO NOW I have to get it too~ hehehe The color is soo unique. ^.^

    Wow it is quite expensive though. hmmmm oh well, i think it would still be worth the $$$. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your nails look fine, darling! What a perfect name for this multi-faceted shade. =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous shade! I like how it kinda resembles the oh so popular putty tone awhile back, but it has a nice purpleness to warm it up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow i'm in love with this colour ! thank you so much for sharing :)
    have a reat day:)
    drey jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

♡ thank you for leaving some love! ♡