Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ekilove Kawaii Earrings + HILARIOUS Mummy Pic

Overdue post! I ordered a pair of "kawaii earrings" from Ekilove a few weeks back and received a love pack full of goodies!
Eki is so generous with all of her customers, such a sweet gal! oh and those green tea candies are so good!



here's the "kawaii earrings" I ordered, Eki designed and made herself. All I can say is, IT'S SO ME. :)

I've been wearing this often since I got it, and I like the sweet effect it gives to my look, I also wore them on my recent trip to Universal Studios Singapore, I was so afraid they'd fall off when we were riding the Mummy indoor coaster so I covered my ears to make sure they don't, and ended up looking over-reacting in our pic! LOL. Wanna see?

this photo is HILARIOUS! So worth every dollar. hahaha! I crack up every time I see it, there's just so many laugh-able elements it the photo. In case you need help, I'm on the first row, third from left. ;)

Side story aside, I have yet to post a decent pic of me wearing the "kawaii earrings", I just feel like I'm not up to par with all the beautiful bloggers modeling Eki's jewelry on her site. :D thank you for creating beautiful things Eki! Keep them coming!

In other news, I'm on a MAKE-UP free phase right now, I feel that my skin needs a break from all the cosmetics I've been trying. Before blogging, I had really good skin, but now I have a lot of acne marks and blemishes on my face to deal with which made me frustrated and a bit sad, Lurvey had to intervene already and told me not to use makeup anymore, he told me I didn't have to wear makeup in the first place, which made me feel so pretty and happy and gaaaay! hahaha! yep, that's me bursting into song. haha! So now, I'm enjoying the short routine of cleansing, moisturizing and applying sunscreen in the morning, cuts my prepping time in half! 

But don't you worry, I can still use lip gloss, curl my lashes and paint my nails! I love my cosmetic collection and I have no plans of abandoning them, I just need to prioritize my skin more, as we all know, beautiful skin is the most important thing as it serves as the canvas for the art of point makeup. 

MAKE-UP free for 2 days and counting...

Stay gorge!

♡,
G

25 comments:

  1. I agree, the skin should be given utmost importance :) I started on a new skincare regimen and I am loving it so far, but since I left them at the apartment, I was forced to wear a different facial wash here in my parents' house. I then woke up to a big zit on my nose this morning =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,G...You're earrings is so pretty....eki's really talented...and you're so brave on riding the mummy ride...I was too scared to ride that one...and I never did...hehe...

    I'm so with you on being makeup free right now....my skin isn't as nice as before my pre-makeup madness....and my hubby's been telling me to stop wearing makeup too....oh well...have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute earrings and I, too, wouldn't have wanted to lose them on the ride. LOL!

    You're so lucky that you're beautiful enough to go no makeup. I'm too scary with a no makeup face.

    Great blog you have here. I've FINALLY started following you.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgina, I would recommend you to visit Banff someday too! And of course also the beautiful lakes :) Thanks for recommending the tummycake blog to me.. unfortunately can't find her post on Banff > < Your ekilove earrings are really pretty! I wonder if you're going to like some of the things I'm working on.. but I am going to hush hush about it for now ;) hehe the picture is so funny, you look very terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the earrings. They're so kawaii indeed. LOL at the photo. I can't help but crack up as well. I know some bloggers who got clear skin before wearing makeup. I guess we'll just have to be more cautious next time. Good luck with your makeup-free phase. :)

    Lots of love,

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww such a cute ekilove package :D those earrings are so kawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, that picture of you covering your ears is cute!

    I know what you mean about breaking out! I started breaking out, and then I went back to my old cleanser, and it stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute earring, you should model thme :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. eki is super gorgeous, inside and out! i've seen a lot of her packages in other people's blogs, and wow! she's so cute!

    and yes, i will have to agree with the 'cosmetics-free' period. i myself have to do that sometimes too because your skin needs a break too sometime!
    ps. i cant believe that i never 'followed' you! :(( im so sorry but i must've forgotten! but no worries, i clicked followed already :) & that shiseido eyeshadow on your last post was gorgeousssssssssssssssssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The earrings are so cute! ^__^

    The pic was hilarious, as well! Hahaha!!!

    Stay pretty, Georgina! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you still look pretty even without make up on. :) And the earrings are so cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The earrings are so sweet, especially the stars!! Hhaha the picture is awesome, you look like you're terrified! lol

    Aww it sucks to hear about your skin and the breakouts it's been going through since blogging. Perhaps your skin is just too sensitive to some of the products that you're using on it :(

    ...which is kind of sad, I tagged you to see your beauty arsenal--but does this mean you're going to roll them under your bed now? :o

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha you're adorable in that mummy pic! and those earrings are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on being makeup free! I'm you're you still look great without it. Hope your skin gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear, try mo kaya magmineral makeup if you're breaking out? that way you can still use makeup without compromising your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The earrings are so pretty and cute! LOL at the Mummy coaster pic, you're so cute to cover up your ears :D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the earrings are so pretty! i love eki! shes such a darl <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. i loled at the mummy photo! i need to show you my photos from disney that they took on the rides. the expressions are always so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The earrings are sooo cute!^0^ I do the "Make-up free" things once in a while too. It really helps your skin rest, you are going to get prettier, girl^0^!~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, I love that picture! It's so cute that you were protecting the earrings. Are they heavy? We don't want your earlobes to stretch. But if they do, you'll still be pretty--especially with no make-up!!! It's okay that you like it, but as L said, you don't need it. Just go look in the mirror and smile. You'll see. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow love the earrings with the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amen to skincare! I've always been geared towards more skincare than makeup. Actually.. it's quite weird to own more makeup than I guess the average person (and when I say average I mean people who aren't blogger and youtube obsessed LOL!) but hardly even use most of them XD

    Haha I love that picture, it's hilarious. That's such a nice lovely package Eki sent you. She really does make some gorgeous pieces =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. liking the earrings!

    http://lovesljd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi hUn!

    OMG thankyou so much for taking your time to blog about ekiLove! I am so happy to hear you are happy with your order<3 XD Im sorry for the late commenting havent been blog surfing much lately >_<

    Oh BTW congrats on winning K's kitkat giveaway and the awesome name you came up with!!<3 ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL at that pic! XP I would've done the same...haha! Eki's creations are always so kawaii. And you ARE up to par so start modeling those earrings, mmkay?! :D

    I know what you mean about allowing your skin to take a break. If I'm running errands, I just slap on sunscreen so my skin can breathe. Lurvey's right. ;)

    ReplyDelete

♡ thank you for leaving some love! ♡