Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shu Uemura Portable Brush Set

Being a big fan of Shu Uemura brushes, I almost squealed in delight when I saw this set again at Temptation Hong Kong Duty Free (I skipped it the first time and regretted it). Boy did they name that store right! *winks* Now I have it and that makes me a very happy camper!

The 5 piece set contains 4 brushes + the zip-up leather case.
this is a lightweight set, which makes it perfect for traveling. It fits perfectly inside my cosmetic case.

The zip-up case has 1 spacious slot (left) for the face brush which can fit 2 more small/thin brushes (like my spooly) plus 3 smaller slots for the slender brushes.

top to bottom: eye / lip liner brush (sable), eyeshadow brush (sable), cheek brush (pony/squirrel) & face brush (goat)
All the brushes are soft to touch and have good quality unlike those flimsy ones which come with limited edition sets where the packaging lures you into buying it but end up realizing you were better off saving your money. *looks at Aya Takano* 

Everything in this set is functional, it has all the brushes I NEED when traveling. Well, add a spooly / screw type brush for my taming my brows and its perfect for me! I especially like the eyeshadow brush which is the best for applying Armani Eyes To Kill shadows. My only complaint would be the cheek/blush brush is too soft and small, but its alright, it still works. 

This set can only be purchased at Duty Free stores. I bought mine for HKD380 (approx. USD48 / Php2,080) which is a great deal for Shu Uemura quality. Be on the lookout when you're flying! :)

♡,
G

13 comments:

  1. That looks like a great set and it is a good value! Glad that you had a 2nd chance to get it.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm so jealous. I always wanted that set T_T. How are you?I miss you ^^. Visit my blog sometime ^^
    ~XOXO Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything Shu Uemura like their oil cleanser and blushes. These brushes look great. I'm so sad they closed all the SU counters in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on this set. It looks awesome. I want to go back to HKG just for shopping now hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this same set too....I like all the brushes except the face brush which somehow doesn't pick up and deposit the right amount of powder and doesn't have the feeling of evenness like really good quality brushes. I also love the eyeshadow brush though - great for blending!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a good deal G! It would even amount to a steal since one brush could cost around the same price haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm the blush brush does look a bit off shape for me...or maybe it's just me not being able to handle well this type of pointy shape >.<
    and you say the e/s brush works good? Just by looking at it I thought it would wiggle and put shadow everywhere I didn't intend...too soft bristles....but then, trying them IRL proves how goor or bad they are, right?

    Anyway, they could have put in more brushes....there's much room unused HEHEHE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will keep an eye out for this the next time I'm in Duty Free in Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 48 for the set! it's a sweet deal. and the pouch looks really nice too. great find babe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The zip-up case is so chic. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh my mum actually bought me this set once but im not sure what happened to it lol. but yeah they look very versatile to use, especially the face brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HKD380 for four Shu Uemura brushes = very reasonable!!!

    I went for a makeover at their counter last weekend, so nice to have someone doing my makeup for once and the shadows were so pigmented and looked so nice. I can feel my $$$ going down the drain haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. $48?! Wish I were there. XD Gorgeous buy, darling!

    ReplyDelete

♡ thank you for leaving some love! ♡